Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Lady.

There is me
And this late night.
And this lady's face which is staring at me for some reason.
There is good music
And memories of good times
And bad ones
Too.
My eyes are sore,
I let a tear or two flow more than
The usual.
I am usually alone,
But today, this lady decided to give me company.
She says she is always there,
Watching me,
Whenever we are at the same place,
Trying to guide me,
More like scare me.
I keep alone usually.
But I did not mind company this time.
She is a lot like me though. 
Her thoughts are like mine.
Her stories as well. 
And her lies.
She says she really has never met someone like me.
She says I am like a day,
With 24 hours.
Constantly changing every minute,
Every hour,
Every day.
To make a year.  
A year is something longer. 
A year is  something longer for someone like,
Me.
That is what she says. 
She says it hurts her.
To see me whine and not being able to find words which will
Make me feel. 
Better?
To which I said,
There is no good?
How can there be,
Better. 
She keeps quiet for a minute. 
Stops.
And says,
She does not believe in me sometimes.
She says it is hard to believe.
She says, I cannot make it through. 
And when I told her I did, 
She vanished.
There was no woman.
After all. 
There is no one in this room.
Just a dim light.
Some memories.
And good music.
Who the hell have I been talking to?
Again?

No comments:

Post a Comment